Garnier is a global beauty brand, accessible to all, with the ambition to become the first truly sustainable, naturally inspired brand in the mass market. Since 1904, Garnier has been offering effective, innovative beauty products, inspired and enriched by nature.
We have been on a journey towards more sustainability for many years. In 2020, Garnier took a giant leap forward when we announced our Green Beauty initiative, a complete end to end approach to sustainability, that will transform every stage of Garnierâ€™s value chain and dramatically reduce the brandâ€™s environmental impact.
Garnierâ€™s Green Beauty initiative is a complete end to end approach to sustainability. The aim is to transform every stage of Garnierâ€™s value chain, reducing or eradicating environmental impact in the following areas:
Plastic & Packaging:
- By 2025, Garnier will aim to use Zero Virgin Plastic in all packaging, saving 37,000 tonnes of plastic every year*.
- By 2025 all packaging will also be either reusable, recyclable or compostable.
Product & Formula:
- By 2022, all plant-based and renewable ingredients will be sustainably sourced.
- By 2025, 100% of Garnierâ€™s new products will have an improved environmental profile.
Factories & Manufacturing:
- 100% Carbon Neutral industrial sites by 2025, through the use of renewable energy.
- CO2 emissions of industrial sites already reduced by 72%**.
- By 2025 Garnier will have empowered 800 communities worldwide as part of our Solidarity sourcing programme.